Presenters play a vital role in creating the premier autism and disabilities conference, and using your influence to tell others about it solidifies your role. Your expertise, knowledge, ideas, experiences, and stories are essential to the success of this humble endeavor. The most powerful compliment we can ever receive is the one where you turn to your friends, family or colleagues, and say, "You should attend OCALICON because _________," and then fill in the blank with your reason why.
It's the personal invitation and those reasons why that open the doors for others to come, to experience what you've experienced.
The OCALICON 2021 Promotional Toolkit is a small collection of simple, no-cost, no-stress ways you can bang the gong, sound the alarm, and spread the word. Let your colleagues, friends, family – let the whole world know what you're doing this November.
Have fun with your promotions! And don’t forget to link to the conference website — and tag your posts with #OCALICON2021!
Sample Social Media Content
- Let's talk about [title of presentation/poster]. Don't miss my online session at #OCALICON2021! Nov. [date]. #OCALICON2021 #InspiringChange #PromotingAccess
- There's a front row seat for you in [my/our] session [insert session title]. See you online Nov. [insert date] #OCALICON2021
- I've already cleared my calendar and I know where I'll be November 16-19: #OCALICON2021, the premier autism and disabilities conference. Join me! Learn more and then register at ocalicon.org. #InspiringChange #PromotingAccess
- Inspiration is all around us. But want to experience a mega-dose of it? Then join me at OCALICONLINE 2021, the premier autism and disabilities conference, Nov. 16-19, www.ocalicon.org, #OCALICON2021 #InspiringChange #PromotingAccess
- Know why I love OCALICON? Because it's where I collect fresh ideas, form new relationships, and walk away inspired to take action and make a difference in the lives of those around me. Register now for OCALICONLINE! #OCALICON2021 ocalicon.org
- Of course pets are welcome at #OCALICON2021. I'll be bringing mine! Nov. 16-19. Register today! ocalicon.org #PetsOfOCALICON #OCALICON2021 [Include a photo of your pet!]
- Where can you go that brings together educators, parents, policymakers & people w/ disabilities? Where can you attend sessions focused on a range of content? Where can you connect with people from across the globe? Where else but #OCALICON2021? Learn more ocalicon.org.
- Change happens one person, one life at a time. Change happens at #OCALICON2021. Join me on Nov [insert date] as I share info about [topic]. Register today at www.ocalicon.org.
Sample Social Media Images and Alt Text
Download sample social media images, selecting the images according to whether you are posting to Twitter or Facebook/Instagram, as they are sized accordingly. Be sure to include the corresponding alt text! Alt text is important for anyone using a screenreader, as it provides a description of the image. On Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, you can edit the image and directly add the alt text.
Names listed in bold correspond to the file name in ZIP folder.
- General 15 Years: Dark blue background, OCALICONLINE 2021 logo centered at the top with "15 years" in a circle to the left of it. Underneath, "Celebrating 15 years of inspiration into Action," with "November 16-19 | ocalicon.org" at the bottom.
- General 15 Years_White: White background, OCALICONLINE 2021 logo centered at the top with "15 years" in a circle to the left of it. Underneath, "Celebrating 15 years of inspiration into Action," with "November 16-19 | ocalicon.org" at the bottom.
- One Life at a Time: Pink and red gradient background. Text in lower left corner, "Transforming inspiration into action. One life at a time." OCALICONLINE 2021 logo in the upper right corner.
- Where Else: Green and blue gradient background. Text in lower left corner, each sentence stacked on top of one another, "Across the lifespan. Across agencies. Across the world. Where else but OCALICON?" OCALICONLINE 2021 logo in the upper right corner.
Download Social Media Images (ZIP)
Giving a presentation in the weeks before OCALICONLINE? Download and include this slide at the end of your presentation to help encourage your colleagues and peers to attend!
Download PowerPoint slide (PPTX)
Want a simple one-page flyer to hand out to colleagues, co-workers, parents, or clients? Download and print this handy flyer, or simply share the link via email or across social media platforms. It contains all the essentials details, including a link to the conference website. Bonus! It's already accessible!
Download one-page flyer (PDF)
Sample Newsletter Article
Celebrating 15 years of inspiration into action, OCALI presents OCALICONLINE 2021 – the premier autism and disabilities conference – November 16-19, 2021.
The online event features breakout and networking sessions by state and national leaders and experts on important topics and issues across the lifespan. And don’t miss keynote Judy Heumann – lifelong advocate and internationally-recognized leader in the disability rights community.
Join colleagues and peers from Ohio, across the U.S., and around the world to learn, connect, and share research, best practices, and resources to support the needs of all learners and lifelong challenges and opportunities for people with disabilities.
Welcome to the community. There’s a place for you here. And we’re saving you a front row seat.
Learn more or register now.
Please follow these guidelines when using OCALI logos:
- Keep the logo to its original proportions, shape, orientation, and color.
- Do not distort, stretch, rotate, or change the color of the logo.
- Make sure the logo has adequate contrast with its background. Use the white version of the logo when placed on a dark background.
- Give the logo adequate room on all sides. Do not have the logo overlap other graphics.
Download OCALICON Logos (ZIP)