Terms and Conditions
- Only online volunteer applications are accepted.
- The volunteer opportunity is open to anyone 18 years of age or older.
- Volunteers are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis with preference given to undergraduate and graduate students and families (including, but not limited to: parents, grandparents, aunts/uncles, etc.).
- Volunteers are assigned to a specific area of the conference center for the entire day. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: assisting speakers, collecting session evaluations, and providing general information to conference attendees. Please note: Volunteers are on their feet and actively moving for most of the day. Comfortable footwear is highly recommended.
- Volunteers receive complimentary OCALICON registration but are responsible for covering all additional expenses associated with attending the conference, including but not limited to: travel/transportation, meals, lodging, preconference workshop, etc.
- Notification of acceptance is sent via email.
- Candidates have the option of selecting the volunteer position that best matches their skills or interests, although OCALI cannot guarantee an assignment to a specific volunteer position.
- Volunteers must attend the mandatory Volunteer Orientation, 7:00 - 8:00 pm EST Tuesday, November 15, OR 6:00 - 7:00 pm EST, Wednesday, November 16, at the Greater Columbus Convention Center. Note: Wednesday volunteers must attend the Tuesday orientation. Thursday volunteers can attend either the Tuesday or Wednesday orientation.