"Amazing learning opportunities! The best opportunity to not only earn CEUs, but also gain valuable information to take back to my colleagues."
OCALICON 2019 participants can earn:
One (1) graduate credit hour for participating in at least 12.5 session hours during the conference on November 20-22, 2019, and completing the accompanying assignment through either Kent State University or Ashland University. Additional tuition fees apply for both institutions.
1. Obtain a CEU participation form and document their contact hours during the conference by following the directions provided on the form.
2. Register for course EDU*6145*J2 and submit payment to an Ashland University representative on-site at OCALICON 2019.
An Ashland University representative will be available:
3. Submit their CEU Participation form to course instructor Sheila Smith (information provided below) along with a completed assignment no later than December 6, 2019.
Registration Fee: 1 credit hour: $230.
Further details are available on the Ashland University flier available at the CEU/graduate credit counter at OCALICON 2019.
The instructor for the course is:
Sheila M. Smith, Ph.D.
Senior Director, OCALI
The required assignment is:
1. Submit a copy of the CEU participation form showing participation via fax or PDF scanned copy via email to Dr. Smith no later than December 6, 2019 to obtain course credit.
2. Write and submit a 3- to 5-page reflection paper on the sessions attended at OCALICON 2019. The paper must be typed in 12-pt font, with 1-inch margins, and double-spaced. Participants should summarize the content in the sessions and reflect on the relevance to their position and how practice might be improved or changed based on the information learned at OCALICON. Please fax or email the paper to Dr. Smith no later than Friday, December 6th, 2019 to obtain course credit.
If you have questions, please contact Sheila Smith ph: (614) 410-0338 | fax: (614) 262-1070).
To obtain Kent State graduate credit, conference participants must:
1. Register for the course at the CEU table:
2. Obtain a CEU participation form and document their contact hours during the conference by following the directions provided on the form linked to below.
3. For each session attended, complete the “Analyze, Reflect, Apply and Inquire” assignment for each of six chosen sessions as indicated on the form linked at the bottom.
4. Select one of the sessions from the above assignment, and apply the theoretical concept, research finding, or theory to an existing lesson plan. Submit the revised lesson plan that demonstrates the theory in classroom practice.
5. All assignments must be emailed to Dr. Mandy Cenker at email@example.com by Friday, December 6, 2019.
The registration fee is $150 for 1 graduate credit hour.
The instructor is Dr. Mandy Cenker. You may contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The required assignment and necessary form are available here.