"Attendees are going to take so much away – whether they go to a legal update or co-teaching sessions or an informative assessment workshop, they are going to leave that session feeling rejuvenated and ready to go back and implement the strategies they've learned."
OCALICON 2019 participants can earn:
One (1) graduate credit hour for participating in at least 12.5 session hours during the conference on November 20-22, 2019, and completing the accompanying assignment. Additional tuition fees apply.
1. Obtain a CEU participation form and document their contact hours during the conference by following the directions provided on the form.
2. Register for course EDU*6145*J2 and submit payment to an Ashland University representative on-site at OCALICON 2019.
An Ashland University representative will be available:
3. Submit their CEU Participation form to course instructor Sheila Smith (information provided below) along with a completed assignment no later than December 6, 2019.
Registration Fee: 1 credit hour: $230.
Further details are available on the Ashland University flier available at the CEU/graduate credit counter at OCALICON 2019.
The instructor for the course is:
Sheila M. Smith, Ph.D.
Senior Director, OCALI
The required assignment is:
1. Submit a copy of the CEU participation form showing participation via fax or PDF scanned copy via email to Dr. Smith no later than December 6, 2019 to obtain course credit.
2. Write and submit a 3- to 5-page reflection paper on the sessions attended at OCALICON 2019. The paper must be typed in 12-pt font, with 1-inch margins, and double-spaced. Participants should summarize the content in the sessions and reflect on the relevance to their position and how practice might be improved or changed based on the information learned at OCALICON. Please fax or email the paper to Dr. Smith no later than Friday, December 6th, 2019 to obtain course credit.
If you have questions, please contact Sheila Smith ph: (614) 410-0338 | fax: (614) 262-1070).