Share Your Hello
Whether you're a multi-year veteran or this is your first time attending – we want to know more about who you are and why you're here. So grab your phone or camcorder (do those still exist?!) and record a short selfie video. We want to share your video greeting with your fellow OCALICONers! You could appear on OCALICON social media, during the Tuesday grand opening on November 15, or somewhere else during the conference.
Share your "hello!" with the 15,000+ – and growing! – OCALICON community!
Okay, Sounds Good. I'm in! What Do I Need to Do?
It's easy! Simply record a short video of yourself – 2 minutes max. Tell us who you are, where you're from, and why you're here. What do you most want to talk about or learn or discover? Who do you want to meet? What are your goals or aspirations? How can OCALICON help you in your work/life? Or anything else you want to talk about!
Don't be afraid to get creative! Do you live somewhere with a famous park, landmark, or building? Record yourself there*! Or maybe with your feline, canine, piscine, or other companion. We love to feature the #PetsOfOCALICON!
Here's a basic script. Feel free to put your own spin on it – so your individuality and personality shine through!
- Hello! I'm XXXX. I'm from/here in XXXX.
- Welcome to OCALICON!
- My job/role is XXXX.
- My passions and interests include XXXX and XXXX.
- I'm really excited to learn about XXXX at OCALICONLINE 2022.
- I am most looking forward to XXXX.
- I really want to talk to other XXXX at OCALICONLINE 2022.
- Follow me on social media at XXXX.
Submissions are accepted in the form of a self- or locally-produced, high-quality digital video recording (.mp4 or .mov files accepted – you can use your smartphone to record!). Upload your 2-minute recording (see below Instructions and Tips) by Wednesday, August 31, 2022. We'll also need you to complete and submit the OCALI Multimedia Release Form which will give us permission to post/share your recording.
OCALI Multimedia Release Form: OCALI works to make all of its forms accessible and offers multiple ways for you to submit forms. You are welcome to complete the form by hand, sign, scan, and upload. Or complete using a digital e-signature, save, and upload. In order to complete the digital form, you will need to use Adobe Reader, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Apple Preview, or similar software. If you have any trouble completing the OCALI Multimedia Release Form or need a different format, please let us know.
Instructions and Tips
- Your smartphone camera is probably the best and easiest way to record your performance. Typically the back camera is the higher quality camera with more megapixels. Use that one! Resolution: Minimum 1080p at 30 fps. A higher resolution is okay, too.
- Pro Tip: If you have two cameras available, consider recording using both cameras at different angles (e.g. one recording straight on with the image centered in the screen, and another recording from the right or left to create a side view). Then combine the footage from both recording devices and edit it into a more sophisticated production!
- Orientation: Please be sure to use LANDSCAPE mode (rotate your phone so you’re recording horizontally rather than vertically). A simple way to remember orientation is to think of your television screen or a movie theater screen – both show videos in landscape mode!
- Use a tripod or prop your camera/recording device so it is in a level, stationary position rather than have someone hold the camera while recording.
- Make sure you’re in a space with good lighting so you can be easily seen. For example, if recording inside a room, face a window rather than record with your back to the window. If your lighting is behind you, the recording will show your silhouette instead of a clear, pleasing image.
- Clean your lens before recording.
- Remember the camera is your audience – so direct your focus and energy at the camera! If available, please use an external microphone to capture the best quality audio/sound.
- Pro Tip: Use video editing software (such as iMovie, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, etc.) to finalize your video, add graphics, equalize the audio, etc.
- Upload (1) your 2-minute (or less) recording (.mp4 or .mov format) and (2) completed OCALI Multimedia Release Form for yourself and anyone else who appears in the video. Your file will be uploaded to a secure SharePoint site at OCALI. Note you will need to add your first and last name when you submit – this info will help tag your video as yours.
- The submission deadline is Wednesday, August 31, 2022.
- If selected, OCALI will include your video as part of OCALICONLINE 2022!
Questions or Need Help?
Email us! Thanks for your interest! Can't wait to watch your video!
* Be sure to check on local rules, laws, or ordinances before filming. You may need to secure proper permission or authorization!