The BEST AT Forum is an opportunity to learn about cross-curricular braille literacy and assistive technologies for students who are blind or visually impaired. Sessions include a wide range of topics such as blind summer camp, the annual Federal Quota Census, MAP testing and much more!
All sessions are scheduled for Wednesday, November 16. To view complete descriptions for each session and the specific time when they occur, visit our Session Sorter.
These are not stand-alone sessions, but are integrated into the conference itself. Attendees wishing to attend these sessions must register for the entire conference.
- Getting Ready for the Annual Federal Quota Census - Jennifer Govender, Kelly Houston, Judy Siens, and Sarah Buoni
- APH: Committed to Providing a Lifetime of Learning with Braille - Jim Sullivan
- Being a Dual Reader: Using Both Braille and Large Print in Education and Beyond - Katie Robinson and Molly Taylor
- Help! There's a New Braille Student in My District! What Do I Need to Know? - Jennifer Govender, Shelley Mack
- Mission Inspire: Students with Visual Impairments Soaring to Excellence in Data Analysis - Tiffany Wild and Tina Herzberg
- Literacy Opportunities: Enhancing Braille Skills at the Ohio State School for the Blind Summer Camp – Karen Koehler, Ceclia Peirano, Kathleen Farrand
- Be at Your BEST: Braille Professional Development and Resources - Jan Rogers, Jennifer Govender, Rachel Schultz, Augusta Fisher