November 19-21, 2014 · Columbus, OH · Greater Columbus Convention Center
OCALICON 2014 seeks proposals from professionals, scholars, parents/family members, self-advocates, and other leaders in the fields of autism, assistive technology, and low-incidence disabilities (including TBI, hearing impairments, and visual impairments).
OCALICON is committed to providing high-quality opportunities not just for understanding ideas and practices, but also for analyzing, applying, synthesizing, and evaluating concepts and actions.
In this spirit, OCALICON continues to diversify session offerings. In addition to National Summits, the Research Symposium, lectures, panel sessions, and work meetings, OCALICON actively promotes the increase in facilitated discussions and hands-on interactive sessions.
OCALICON 2014 presenter candidates are encouraged to think deeply about how their session content could be best presented for adult learners. Enhance the application by developing engaging discussions questions, add perspective through a panel session featuring varying points of view, or further engage an audience through hands-on interactive activities.
Imagine the possibilities. Then make them happen.
1. Review the submission requirements PDF. All criteria are required and will be evaluated and scored in the review process.
2. Only online proposals are accepted. You must create or log in to your OCALI Pass in order to submit a proposal.
NOTE: It is recommended that you use the submission requirement PDF to first compose your responses in an offline format before completing the online form. The form does not auto-save. Please complete the entire form in one sitting. Your login session will time out after 60 minutes of inactivity.
Proposal Deadline: 11:59:59 pm EST | Sunday, March 23, 2014.
1. The primary presenter logs in to OCALI Pass account and submits a proposal.
2. After submitting a proposal, the primary presenter will receive an email message containing a Proposal ID number and directions for adding a co-presenter(s).
3. The primary presenter shares the session title and Proposal ID number with all co-presenters. Note: Lecture, poster, hands-on interactive, and facilitated discussion sessions may have a maximum of 3 presenters. Panel sessions must have 4 presenters. NATTAP sessions may have a maximum of 4 presenters.
4. Co-presenters individually create or log in to OCALI Pass acccount, and add/update their bio and curriculum vita/resume.
5. After updating credentials, co-presenter selects "View the Call for Proposals options."
6. Next, co-presenter selects "Add Yourself to a Proposal."
7. Co-presenter adds Proposal ID number.
8. Upon successful completion, a confirmation email is sent to both the primary and co-presenter.
Note: Co-presenters must be added before the proposal deadline of Sunday, March 23, 2014.
Exhibitor proposals (proposals of a commercial nature or focused exclusively on the promotion/sales of products and/or services) are not accepted through the open Call for Proposals. The Call for Proposals is reserved for educational sessions and research.
Exhibitor proposals submitted through the Call for Proposals will be declined.
Only exhibitors at the Premium level are permitted to present at OCALICON 2014.